Surprise approval of Greenhill planning application
18 December 2017
On 28 November Highland Council North Planning committee approved an application for three warehouse/office buildings on a site behind the salt depot at Greenhill, near Tore. The same site was the subject of an earlier and nearly identical application which was withdrawn in March 2017. This withdrawal was the last that many people who had objected to the warehouse proposals had heard about the application until they received a letter recently informing them of its re-submission and approval by the Planning Committee. This is one of several worrying aspects of the proposed, now approved, development, which seems very likely to lead to applications for further inappropriate development of the whole larger site.
For more information go to our Environment / Black Isle page.
- 20/10/2018 TBI Website Produce Exchange now open
- 18/10/2018 Jailed Fracking pprotesters freed on appeal
- 16/10/2018 European community initiatives on climate change
- 15/10/2018 Inverness Food Assembly closes - Great British Food Hub opens
- 08/10/2018 Climate change - IPCC report calls for urgent action
- 07/10/2018 Orchard Revival Project in the news
- 04/10/2018 Coul Links golf course planning application called in
- 02/10/2018 'Drowning in Plastic' - catch up if you missed it
- 26/09/2018 Sleeper update - new trains delayed again
- 21/09/2018 Mid Ross Community Partnership Meeting Thursday 27 September Munlochy