SWT promotes 'Riverwoods' initiative
Riverwoods, a partnership initiative led by the Scottish Wildlife Trust, has received initial funding of £385,100 from The National Lottery Heritage Fund towards a five-year £2.9 million programme, to create a network of thriving riverbank woodlands and healthy river systems across Scotland, for the benefit of people and wildlife.
River woodlands – those that grow in, next to and near rivers – bring about a wide range of benefits from mitigating climate change, soil erosion and flooding to improving people’s health and providing important wildlife corridors across the landscape. The pioneering Riverwoods initiative will see a wide range of partners work collectively to restore this vital habitat.
- Saturday 28 January
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- 11:00 Transition Town Forres need help with hedge cutting
- 19:30 CCT - Talk by Shona Maclean on 'The Bookseller of Inverness'
- Monday 30 January
- 08:30 Transition to a zero waste and circular economy in Scotland - online commercial conference
- Tuesday 31 January
- 14:00 Opportunities for large scale reuse in Scotland
- Wednesday 1 February
- 18:00 'Riverwoods' film at UHI
- Saturday 4 February
- 13:00 Black Isle Repair Cafe North Kessock
- 17:30 Transition Town Forres - Imbolc fundraising event
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory