Internet energy cost
Maggie Dove has drawn attention to an article by James J Johnston in the Press & Journal of 11 October on
Paying the Environmental Price of the Internet
"Not unreasonably, most people look at the internet, and the provision of online services as “free” and environmentally friendly. We cannot touch them – they are virtual, we may pay a subscription, but it is commonly thought that it is a necessity that doesn’t have much of an effect on the environment. Indeed, how could a person globally-linked HD-gaming in their room with someone on the other side of the world possibly harm the environment?"
Read the article to find out how.
- Thursday 30 January
- 19:00 'Our Common Home' Inverness Study for Action Session Part 2
- Saturday 1 February
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Sunday 2 February
- 11:30 Culbokie Community Orienteering Event - Volunteers needed
- Tuesday 4 February
- 19:00 This Changes Everything film Muir Hub 7.00
- Saturday 8 February
- 12:00 Greenpeace Protect the Oceans event North Kessock
- Sunday 9 February
- NA Amy La Vere and Will Sexton at Resolis
- Saturday 15 February
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
- Saturday 22 February
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory