Martin has drawn attention to what he describes as a wonderful new resource - a community composting guide produced by Zero Waste Scotland and Highland Council, with the additional involvement of the Highland Good Food Partnership and the Highland Community Waste Partnership.
The preamble to the guide notes
This resource has been created for communities in the Highlands that are interested in starting or further developing community composting projects.
You will find a step-by-step Decision-Making Guide to help you get going or to develop your project, as well as links to help, information on legal requirements, and much more.
Before undertaking any project you should consult with the regulators SEPA and/or the Animal and Plant Health Agency to ensure that your project complies with legal requirements.
The Highland Community Waste Partnership has also produced a Composting Guide as a .PDF file
and a brief guide, also as a .PDF file has benn produced by the Glen Urquhart and Strathglass community group Soirbheas.
- Saturday 28 January
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- 11:00 Transition Town Forres need help with hedge cutting
- 19:30 CCT - Talk by Shona Maclean on 'The Bookseller of Inverness'
- Monday 30 January
- 08:30 Transition to a zero waste and circular economy in Scotland - online commercial conference
- Tuesday 31 January
- 14:00 Opportunities for large scale reuse in Scotland
- Wednesday 1 February
- 18:00 'Riverwoods' film at UHI
- Saturday 4 February
- 13:00 Black Isle Repair Cafe North Kessock
- 17:30 Transition Town Forres - Imbolc fundraising event
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory