Martin has drawn attention to what he describes as a wonderful new resource - a community composting guide produced by Zero Waste Scotland and Highland Council, with the additional involvement of the Highland Good Food Partnership and the Highland Connunity Waste Partnership.
The preamble to the guide notes
This resource has been created for communities in the Highlands that are interested in starting or further developing community composting projects.
You will find a step-by-step Decision-Making Guide to help you get going or to develop your project, as well as links to help, information on legal requirements, and much more.
Before undertaking any project you should consult with the regulators SEPA and/or the Animal and Plant Health Agency to ensure that your project complies with legal requirements.
- Wednesday 18 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Create a thriving social economy
- 18:00 SCCAN 'Climate for Change' conversation
- 14:00 70th Anniversary of the Simon’s Loch Tragedy
- Thursday 19 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Create a Regenerative and Fairer Food System
- 16:00 Carbon emissions – you, your home, your property – what can you do?
- Saturday 21 May
- 10:00 Grow North 2022 Workshop 3
- Saturday 28 May
- 10:30 BIHS Spring Plant Sale
- Monday 30 May
- NA Sociocracy Taster Webinar - Sociocracy for All
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory