Black Isle Active Travel Map
An updated edition of the fantastic green travel map of the Black Isle originally produced by Helen Stirling for the Million Miles project is being prepared and will be available from the usual outlets later in the spring.
The Black Isle Travel Map is a double-sided A2 folded to A5, featuring:
• Suggested routes for cycling (including designated paths, off-road tracks, quiet roads and main roads)
• Cycle parking and bike shops;
• A summary table and highlighted routes for each of the thirteen Community Cycle Links;
• Information about the outdoor access code;
• Numbered bus routes, bus stops and train stations;
• Signposting to Traveline Scotland, hitravel.liftshare and other Transition Black Isle services (e.g. www.blackislebicycles.co.uk and cycleroutes.transitionblackisle.org);
• Amenities (e.g. schools, cafés, shops) and places of interest (e.g. dolphin watching, viewpoints);
• Nine detailed inset maps covering all of the major settlements on the Black Isle.
Unfortunately, owing to timetable and route changes since the map was published, bus route numbers on the map are now incorrect.
- Tuesday 31 March
- 19:30 TBI Admin (Directors) meeting, 7.30 online
- Saturday 4 April
- 11:00 Transition Town Forres Cafe Collective CANCELLED
- NA Fortrose Community Market CANCELLED
- Thursday 9 April
- NA Common Weal/InverYESs Study for Action workshop
- Saturday 11 April
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market CANCELLED
- Saturday 18 April
- NA Film 'Bikes vs Cars' Muir Hub POSTPONED
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market CANCELLED
- Wednesday 22 April
- NA Earth Day 2020
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory