Free travel for under 22s in Scotland
16 January 2022
January 2022. Stagecoach has emailed with news of a Scottish Government initiative to provide free bus travel for throughout Scotland for young people under 22.
From Monday 31st January, young people and children aged 5-21 years can travel for free on all buses across Scotland as part of an initiative from the Scottish Government.
To take advantage of the Free Bus Travel Scheme, a new or replacement National Entitlement Card (NEC) or Young Scot NEC is needed and must be shown for all journeys.
If you don't have a valid card you will need to pay your fare in the normal way.
You can apply for a free bus travel card now, but the Scottish Government is still encouraging people to stay at home as much as possible and so you should only apply right now if you need to make essential journeys by bus.
- 12/05/2022 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 10/05/2022 Transition Summit - events this week 16 - 19 May
- 04/05/2022 SG Waste Incineration report published
- 02/05/2022 First North Highlands and Islands Climate Hub newsletter
- 18/04/2022 IMF Local Development Plan 2nd stage consultation
- 04/04/2022 New Highland Environment Forum newsletter
- 31/03/2022 Skye Climate Action April newsletter
- 30/03/2022 SCCAN April newsletter
- 24/03/2022 SCCAN recruiting regional climate change co-ordinators
- 22/03/2022 IPCC report on devastating human impacts of climate change
- Wednesday 18 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Create a thriving social economy
- 18:00 SCCAN 'Climate for Change' conversation
- 14:00 70th Anniversary of the Simon’s Loch Tragedy
- Thursday 19 May
- 19:00 Transition summit - Create a Regenerative and Fairer Food System
- 16:00 Carbon emissions – you, your home, your property – what can you do?
- Saturday 21 May
- 10:00 Grow North 2022 Workshop 3
- Saturday 28 May
- 10:30 BIHS Spring Plant Sale
- Monday 30 May
- NA Sociocracy Taster Webinar - Sociocracy for All
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.