Visit to Evanton Community Wood
06 June 2021
A small group of TBI members and friends enjoyed a guided visit to Evanton Wood last Saturday, guided by Adrian Clark, Secretary of the Evanton Wood Community Company. We met at the Cabin - a timber-clad shipping container with extensive surrounding covered area - which serves as shelter and indoor learning space as required and has a composting toilet nearby. Then, in an informal tour of the wood, we saw a simple and robust children's play area, clearings where small groups can have fires and barbecues, the magnificent Mags Wood open shelter, built mainly with timber from the wood and by the labour of volunteer supporters, the dramatic Black Rock gorge and of course the varied and attractive wood itself, looking its best on a sunny early summer afternoon.
As we paused from time to time Adrian provided interesting information about the history and management of the wood and the range of educational and recreational activities it offers.
Thanks are due to Adrian and his comittee for a very enjoyable and informative afternoon.
- 28/07/2021 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 18/07/2021 Change of venue for BIHS Summer Show Saturday 14 August
- 08/07/2021 JOB OPPORTUNITY - Muir of Ord Development Trust Community Development Manager
- 06/07/2021 Scottish Government 'Let's do Net Zero' campaign
- 04/07/2021 Scotland's greenhouse gas emissions target missed again
- 28/06/2021 New newsletters from TBI and Skye Climate Action
- 24/06/2021 Ferintosh Community Bus starts Monday 28 June
- 22/06/2021 UK government climate policy criticised in run up to COP26
- 13/06/2021 Cromarty Ferry running from 1 June
- 10/06/2021 More newsletters from kindred groups