NOW INTO SECOND WEEK - Free online course on mitigating climate change starts 15 February
12 February 2021
Serious about climate change but want to learn more?
Sign up for an online 'FutureLearn' course with Exeter university.
Climate Change: Solutions starts 15 February
Explore the potential solutions to climate change and how they relate to the UN's sustainable development goals.
Free course - Duration 4 weeks - 3 hours weekly study - 100% online - Extra benefits from £42
More information and start the course (Click 'Go to Course')
Man-made climate change is one of the biggest threats to the world. The effects are already being seen through receding glaciers, ocean acidification and an increasingly vulnerable food supply. It’s vital we work to find solutions to climate change.
On this course you will explore solutions to this global challenge, including mitigation, adaptation and geo-engineering, which can help avoid the most dangerous climate changes and increase the resilience of societies and ecosystems to climate changes that cannot be avoided.
- 20/04/2021 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 18/04/2021 Skye Climate Action election hustings Thursday 22 April
- 14/04/2021 UK Government set to allow new oil and gas exploration in North Sea
- 12/04/2021 Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- 10/04/2021 Black Isle Photographic Competition 2021
- 08/04/2021 Spring Plant Sale in May? News from BIHS
- 06/04/2021 Consultation on new Local Development Plan - EXTENDED TO 30 APRIL
- 24/03/2021 Munlochy Junction report published - but don't hold your breath
- 18/03/2021 Scotland's Climate Assembly - Interim report released 24 March
- 14/03/2021 TBI Convenor featured in P & J 'Your Life' magazine