Fast Fashion Campaigning group - 'Fashion Revolution'
02 January 2021
Those of you who saw the film 'The true Cost', about the fast fashion industry, which we showed in November 2019, may be interested in an international campaigning group called Fashion Revolution, which we came across recently. Their website says
We campaign for a clean, safe, fair, transparent and accountable fashion industry. We do this through research, education, collaboration, mobilisation and advocacy.
The issues in the fashion industry never fall on any single person, brand, or company. That’s why we focus on using our voices to transform the entire system. With systemic and structural change, the fashion industry can lift millions of people out of poverty and provide them with decent and dignified livelihoods. It can conserve and restore our living planet. It can bring people together and be a great source of joy, creativity and expression for individuals and communities.
We believe in a global fashion industry that conserves and restores the environment and values people over growth and profit.
- 04/03/2021 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 02/03/2021 Transition 'What next?' summit 3 - 20 March
- 28/02/2021 Join us in the Climate Change Garden - The Fairtrade Foundation
- 26/02/2021 Highland Wholefoods Spring Newsletter
- 24/02/2021 Newsletters - BITT, FCC and BIP hot on the heels of CCT - and Cromarty Live and CAT join the list
- 14/02/2021 Black Isle Litter Survey ends 9 March
- 12/02/2021 NOW INTO SECOND WEEK - Free online course on mitigating climate change starts 15 February
- 06/02/2021 Croft for sale - Drynie Park near Muir of Ord
- 04/02/2021 JOB OPPORTUNITY - Part time horticultural trainer with Blooming Gardeners
- 30/01/2021 HC warning on Council Tax scam, and Police Scotland consult on Body Worn Video