Findon Hall re-roofed and refurbished
20 October 2020
Work has been completed on re-roofing and a major upgrade to Findon Hall in Culbokie. Fundraising had been going on for some time for the main objective - replacing the roof - and when this started as lockdown was eased other work both inside and outside was found to be required, and as further funding became available and thanks to the work of several helpful and generous contractors, all this work was able to be completed. In addition to having a new roof, the hall has now been painted and variously repaired inside and out, toilets upgraded and a new disabled toilet added, and the committee room improved and insulated to encourage more use by the community.
Sadly, as the report in the Ferintosh Community Council's 'Noticeboard' online newsletter points out, it will be impossible to celebrate the completion of the refurbishment adequately with a BBQ or party, and use of the hall will remain limited for some time.
Read about the work on the hall, a highly successful litter-pick and other Ferintosh events and activities, and news of a choice of two 'Colours of the Black Isle' calendars for 2021, in the latest issue of the Noticeboard, ably edited by Eilidh Richmond.
- 22/10/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 20/10/2020 Findon Hall re-roofed and refurbished
- 18/10/2020 Newsletters received, changes at RVA
- 12/10/2020 Highland Good Food Conversation - tickets now on sale
- 11/10/2020 SNH is no more
- 08/10/2020 Black Isle Partnership sixth bulletin out now
- 30/09/2020 Arctic school strike for climate and UK Citizens' Climate assembly reports
- 28/09/2020 Resilience and recovery information and links from Transition Network
- 14/09/2020 North Kessock Community Larder opens
- 12/09/2020 Newsletters from kindred groups and Transition Network