Nairn community group supports individual projects as group events cancelled
26 April 2020
Nairn River Enterprise and Green Hive
In the context of plans for community action on the Black Isle in relation to the Coronavirus crisis, Martin Sherring has drawn attention to how this community group in Nairn is responding to the lockdown by distributing 'starter kits' for practical indoorand outdoor individual activities. Martin writes
Here’s something from Nairn which seems relevant – a tactical change in the Green Hive’s activities, moving away from group events into supported individual activities. I think this is something that could be a real benefit in social distancing times, letting people do things individually but still feel part of a bigger network.
A recent post on the Green Hive website
Happy Earth Day! (Earth Day was 22 February)
As a local charity focusing on the community and enviroment, we want to do our bit to help you connect to people safely and enjoy fun activities with an enviromental focus.
Earth day is the perfect day to make a choice to live more sustainably – join us to make 2020 the year for championing creativity and positivity in the face of adversity.
Check out this group with similar aims and activities to TBI's at
- 14/01/2021 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 08/01/2021 Growing our Future update - Consultation extended
- 05/01/2021 Scotland's Climate Assembly weekend three 9 & 10 January
- 02/01/2021 Fast Fashion Campaigning group - 'Fashion Revolution'
- 30/12/2020 Dingwall Community Fridge
- 28/12/2020 UK to stop funding overseas fossil fuel projects
- 26/12/2020 'Green Industrial Revolution' for UK?
- 24/12/2020 Black Isle Sharing Sheds
- 18/12/2020 Highland Good Food Conversation programme now available
- 08/12/2020 New CCT newsletter and FCC 'Noticeboard'