Greta lambasts world leaders at UN
14 September 2019
Monday 23 September
Swedish climate change activist Greta Thunberg delivered a fiercely emotional speech at the United Nations in New York today, during a climate change summit convened by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, from which Donald Trump and Jair Bolsonaro were conspicuous absentees.
"You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!"
. . .
“The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us I say we will never forgive you. We will not let you get away with this. Right here, right now is where we draw the line.”
Guardian report by Oliver Milman with video of Greta's speech
- 24/01/2020 Rural Communities Bill consultation closes 31 January
- 20/01/2020 Trump and Greta at Davos
- 18/01/2020 Extinction Rebellion on Trial
- 12/01/2020 Bus timetable consultation - DETAILS of recent new changes
- 10/01/2020 Newsletters from other groups
- 06/01/2020 Market dates in the calendar - Leaflet to download on Markets page
- 04/01/2020 A New Year message from Greenpeace
- 14/12/2019 News from Black Isle arts groups
- 09/12/2019 Greta addresses Madrid Climate Conference
- 08/12/2019 A Different Way to go to Culbokie Market