Greta lambasts world leaders at UN
14 September 2019
Monday 23 September
Swedish climate change activist Greta Thunberg delivered a fiercely emotional speech at the United Nations in New York today, during a climate change summit convened by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, from which Donald Trump and Jair Bolsonaro were conspicuous absentees.
"You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!"
. . .
“The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us I say we will never forgive you. We will not let you get away with this. Right here, right now is where we draw the line.”
Guardian report by Oliver Milman with video of Greta's speech
- 16/10/2019 Your Community Council needs you - nomination period extended
- 14/10/2019 Newsletters received from CCT, GALE and BITT
- 04/10/2019 Climate Change links and resources
- 18/09/2019 Local Food initiatives around Bristol . . . and the Black Isle
- 16/09/2019 We must change food production to save the world - latest IPCC report
- 14/09/2019 Greta lambasts world leaders at UN
- 12/09/2019 Sustainable travel on Arran - an invitation
- 10/09/2019 Scottish Parliament petition to ban single-use plastics
- 06/09/2019 Campaign for Scottish Environment Act
- 22/08/2019 'The Retreat from Truth' - a pessimist's manifesto