Local Food initiatives around Bristol . . . and the Black Isle
18 September 2019
An article in the Guardian Weekly of 30 August has drawn our attention to the wealth of local Food & Growing activity around Bristol, which gained the European Green Capital award in 2015 and has Caroline Lucas as one of its MPs. The Bristol Food Producers organisation lists among its members twenty-five local producers within 10 miles of Bristol, another eight inside a 50 mile radius, eleven 'starter producers' and six distributors/retailers.
Of course the Black Isle and immediate hinterland has its own local food producers. Listen to two of them talking about their businesses and the advantages of local growing, taken from the Our Local Larder website www.blackislelarder.org.
Read more about local growing initiatives at Food & Growing / Food & Growing.
- 24/01/2020 Rural Communities Bill consultation closes 31 January
- 20/01/2020 Trump and Greta at Davos
- 18/01/2020 Extinction Rebellion on Trial
- 12/01/2020 Bus timetable consultation - DETAILS of recent new changes
- 10/01/2020 Newsletters from other groups
- 06/01/2020 Market dates in the calendar - Leaflet to download on Markets page
- 04/01/2020 A New Year message from Greenpeace
- 14/12/2019 News from Black Isle arts groups
- 09/12/2019 Greta addresses Madrid Climate Conference
- 08/12/2019 A Different Way to go to Culbokie Market