Local Food initiatives around Bristol . . . and the Black Isle
18 September 2019
An article in the Guardian Weekly of 30 August has drawn our attention to the wealth of local Food & Growing activity around Bristol, which gained the European Green Capital award in 2015 and has Caroline Lucas as one of its MPs. The Bristol Food Producers organisation lists among its members twenty-five local producers within 10 miles of Bristol, another eight inside a 50 mile radius, eleven 'starter producers' and six distributors/retailers.
Of course the Black Isle and immediate hinterland has its own local food producers. Listen to two of them talking about their businesses and the advantages of local growing, taken from the Our Local Larder website www.blackislelarder.org.
Read more about local growing initiatives at Food & Growing / Food & Growing.
- 16/10/2019 Your Community Council needs you - nomination period extended
- 14/10/2019 Newsletters received from CCT, GALE and BITT
- 04/10/2019 Climate Change links and resources
- 18/09/2019 Local Food initiatives around Bristol . . . and the Black Isle
- 16/09/2019 We must change food production to save the world - latest IPCC report
- 14/09/2019 Greta lambasts world leaders at UN
- 12/09/2019 Sustainable travel on Arran - an invitation
- 10/09/2019 Scottish Parliament petition to ban single-use plastics
- 06/09/2019 Campaign for Scottish Environment Act
- 22/08/2019 'The Retreat from Truth' - a pessimist's manifesto