We must change food production to save the world - latest IPCC report
16 September 2019
We must change food production to save the world
The wide scope of the latest, not very widely publicised report from the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), is indicated by its formal title - 'An IPCC Special Report on climate change, desertification, land degradation, sustainable land management, food security, and greenhouse gas fluxes in terrestrial ecosystems.'
The main thrust of the report is summarised in a Guardian article based on a draft of the report as stating that it will be impossible to keep global temperatures at safe levels unless there is also a transformation in the way the world produces food and manages land.
Read more at Climate Change / Climate Change on the menu.
- 24/01/2020 Rural Communities Bill consultation closes 31 January
- 20/01/2020 Trump and Greta at Davos
- 18/01/2020 Extinction Rebellion on Trial
- 12/01/2020 Bus timetable consultation - DETAILS of recent new changes
- 10/01/2020 Newsletters from other groups
- 06/01/2020 Market dates in the calendar - Leaflet to download on Markets page
- 04/01/2020 A New Year message from Greenpeace
- 14/12/2019 News from Black Isle arts groups
- 09/12/2019 Greta addresses Madrid Climate Conference
- 08/12/2019 A Different Way to go to Culbokie Market