Scottish Parliament petition to ban single-use plastics
10 September 2019
Mark Purrett of Portree High School has sent a link to a Scottish Parliament petition promoted by Stephen Henry, "calling on the Scottish Parliament to urge the Scottish Government to ban single use plastics across Scotland." The closing date for signing the petition on line is 30 September.
Whether a petition is debated by the parliament depends on the decision of the parliament's Public Petitions Committee, and not on the number of signatures collected. Petitions are more likely to be referred to a subject committee of the parliament or to another public body, or the committee may decide to take no action at all.
- 26/05/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 24/05/2020 Highland Council Garden Aid service to start
- 22/05/2020 BIHS Lockdown Gardening competitions
- 18/05/2020 Black Isle Horticultural Society update
- 16/05/2020 Greenpeace celebrates climate change successes
- 04/05/2020 Transition Town Forres is Growing Strong
- 02/05/2020 Good response to our 'Virtual Open Gardens' project - and now Scarecrows
- 01/05/2020 Gardeners! - bedding plants at Frank Nicol's, Dingwall
- 26/04/2020 Nairn community group supports individual projects as group events cancelled
- 24/04/2020 Veg consumption DOWN following 5-a-day campaign