Campaign for Scottish Environment Act
06 September 2019
TBI was one of over fifty signatories to a letter sent in June to the First Minister Nicola Sturgeon by the umbrella organisation Scottish Environment Link, requesting the introduction of a Scottish Environment Act "that makes Scotland’s vision to be an environmental world leader a reality."
In July the First Minister responded with a summary of various aspects of the Scottish Government's environment strategy, but without giving any undertaking on the introduction of a Scottish Environment Act.
You can read the full story on the Scottish Environment Link website, with links to the SEL letter and Nicola Sturgeon's reply, as well as to the Scottish Government's declaration of a climate emergency and a major UN report on biodiversity.
- 26/05/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 24/05/2020 Highland Council Garden Aid service to start
- 22/05/2020 BIHS Lockdown Gardening competitions
- 18/05/2020 Black Isle Horticultural Society update
- 16/05/2020 Greenpeace celebrates climate change successes
- 04/05/2020 Transition Town Forres is Growing Strong
- 02/05/2020 Good response to our 'Virtual Open Gardens' project - and now Scarecrows
- 01/05/2020 Gardeners! - bedding plants at Frank Nicol's, Dingwall
- 26/04/2020 Nairn community group supports individual projects as group events cancelled
- 24/04/2020 Veg consumption DOWN following 5-a-day campaign