Sustainable travel on Arran - an invitation
12 September 2019
WE have been contacted by Arran Eco Savvy about an Active and Sustainable Travel project they are running on the island, which has similarities to the Million Miles project run by TBI a few years ago, and in particular about an event they are hosting in Brodick on Tuesday 1 October.
Emma Tracey, of the Savvy Traveller Team, writes
"We are really excited about our upcoming event Arran in 10 Years - Travel + Transport, which will take place on Tuesday the 1st of October at Brodick Town Hall. Eco Savvy will be hosting the public consultation designed to challenge the public and our contributing partners to think about what Arran's travel + transport will be like in 10 years. This will give people the chance to think creatively, positively and aspirationally about the future of sustainable travel on the island, and ultimately cultivate a community where active travel is the norm.
. . . . .
"We would be delighted if you or anyone involved with the project would like to come to Arran and share your experiences of the Million Miles project."
Arran Eco Savvy are offering to contribute to the expenses of someone from TBI woth knowledge of the Million Miles project who would be willing to talk about it at the Arran event.
Read full details about the event
There's lots of interesting stuff on the Arran Eco Savvy website, though it's not quite up to date.
- 26/05/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 24/05/2020 Highland Council Garden Aid service to start
- 22/05/2020 BIHS Lockdown Gardening competitions
- 18/05/2020 Black Isle Horticultural Society update
- 16/05/2020 Greenpeace celebrates climate change successes
- 04/05/2020 Transition Town Forres is Growing Strong
- 02/05/2020 Good response to our 'Virtual Open Gardens' project - and now Scarecrows
- 01/05/2020 Gardeners! - bedding plants at Frank Nicol's, Dingwall
- 26/04/2020 Nairn community group supports individual projects as group events cancelled
- 24/04/2020 Veg consumption DOWN following 5-a-day campaign