Extinction Rebellion active in the Highlands
08 August 2019
A meeting in North Kessock on 6 August reviewed the threat of catastrophic climate change and species extinction, and proposed mass non-violent civil disobedience as the only way to force the government to start taking climate change seriously and initiate effective action. Since its formation last year Extinction Rebellion has advocated and organised disruptive but peaceful protests in various UK cities, most notably in London at Easter this year, and has grown into a world-wide organisation.
Various XR groups are active in the highlands, including one in Inverness, which organises regular 'Inverness lunchtime for Climate' events in Falcon Square from 12.00 to 1.00 every Friday.
See more information and links at Climate change / Extinction Rebellion.
- 10/07/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 08/07/2020 'Third Sector' job opportunities with HTSI and others
- 07/07/2020 Ross-shire Voluntary Action July newsletter and Sheila's virtual Cafe
- 06/07/2020 UK funding fossil fuels overseas
- 03/07/2020 Scotland misses its emissions target
- 02/07/2020 'From Degrowth to Decolonization' - Ecologist magazine
- 30/06/2020 Stagecoach bus timetable changes from 29 June
- 22/06/2020 Black Isle Partnership Covid-19 Newsletter
- 06/06/2020 New website page 'Coronavirus recovery'
- 04/06/2020 TBI signs 'Just & Green Recovery' letter to FM, and responds to Scottish Government recovery consultation