Evanton Community Wood new shelter project nears completion
24 May 2019
Evanton Community Woodland volunteers are close to completing a year-long project to build a visitors' shelter in the Mag's Wood area away from the existing visitor/education cabin and children's play area, to encourage groups to make increased use of this end of the wood.
The shelter is built largely from wind-blown timber from the wood, and uses a method of 'reciprocal' roof construction in which the round logs forming the main beams are held in place by their own weight as they interlock at the apex of the roof.
View the story of the construction in pictures
- 12/06/2019 Holiday Park proposal for former Black Isle Wildlife Park
- 10/06/2019 CCT newsletter - planning permission for Glascairn Project
- 30/05/2019 Scotland's Gardens Scheme Open Gardens programme
- 24/05/2019 Evanton Community Wood new shelter project nears completion
- 22/05/2019 The Resurgence Trust Publications and Activities
- 16/05/2019 Muir of Ord and Dingwall Markets
- 14/05/2019 The Global Climate Emergency - Climate Change Secretary Roseanna Cunningham's statement to the Scottish Parliament 14 May 2019
- 12/05/2019 Details revealed for Scotland's bottle and can deposit return scheme
- 10/05/2019 Highland Council declares a climate emergency Highland carbon-neutral target 2025
- 08/05/2019 Nature crisis: Humans 'threaten 1m species with extinction'