Evanton Community Wood new shelter project nears completion
24 May 2019
Evanton Community Woodland volunteers are close to completing a year-long project to build a visitors' shelter in the Mag's Wood area away from the existing visitor/education cabin and children's play area, to encourage groups to make increased use of this end of the wood.
The shelter is built largely from wind-blown timber from the wood, and uses a method of 'reciprocal' roof construction in which the round logs forming the main beams are held in place by their own weight as they interlock at the apex of the roof.
View the story of the construction in pictures
- 02/12/2019 'Muir Matters' Winter issue out now
- 28/11/2019 Email lobby of MSPs over Coul Links golf course decision
- 12/11/2019 Calls for action in 'Green New Deal' proposals
- 10/11/2019 Ross-Shire Voluntary Action December newsletter out now
- 08/11/2019 November Newsletter from Culbokie Community Trust
- 06/11/2019 Community Council Election results/nominations
- 30/10/2019 Fracking halted in England - a moratorium but not a complete ban
- 28/10/2019 Active Travel Groups' response to Scottish Transport Strategy branded as 'hogwash' by Highland Councillor
- 26/10/2019 RVA Newsletter and AGM Thursday 14 November Dingwall
- 14/10/2019 Newsletters received from CCT, GALE and BITT