The Global Climate Emergency - Climate Change Secretary Roseanna Cunningham's statement to the Scottish Parliament 14 May 2019
14 May 2019
"There is a global climate emergency. The evidence is irrefutable. The science is clear. And people have been clear: they expect action. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change issued a stark warning last year: the world must act now. By 2030 it will be too late to limit warming to 1.5 degrees.
"Last week another UN body, the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, issued a warning about the damage human beings are causing to the planet. It finds that the drivers of damage have accelerated over the past 50 years.
"Climate change is one of the top three causes."
- 26/05/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 24/05/2020 TBI signs 'Just & Green Recovery' letter to FM
- 18/05/2020 Black Isle Horticultural Society update
- 16/05/2020 Greenpeace celebrates climate change successes
- 04/05/2020 Transition Town Forres is Growing Strong
- 02/05/2020 Good response to our 'Virtual Open Gardens' project - and now Scarecrows
- 01/05/2020 Gardeners! - bedding plants at Frank Nicol's, Dingwall
- 26/04/2020 Nairn community group supports individual projects as group events cancelled
- 24/04/2020 Veg consumption DOWN following 5-a-day campaign
- 22/04/2020 Gardeners! - Seeds, Compost and Onion sets available in Dingwall