The Global Climate Emergency - Climate Change Secretary Roseanna Cunningham's statement to the Scottish Parliament 14 May 2019
14 May 2019
"There is a global climate emergency. The evidence is irrefutable. The science is clear. And people have been clear: they expect action. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change issued a stark warning last year: the world must act now. By 2030 it will be too late to limit warming to 1.5 degrees.
"Last week another UN body, the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, issued a warning about the damage human beings are causing to the planet. It finds that the drivers of damage have accelerated over the past 50 years.
"Climate change is one of the top three causes."
- 24/08/2019 Advance notice - save the date - TBI 10th anniversary ceilidh Friday 27 September Resolis Hall
- 22/08/2019 'The Retreat from Truth' - a pessimist's manifesto
- 22/08/2019 TBI film 'More than Honey' Thursday 5 September Muir Hub
- 16/08/2019 New Stgecoach bus timetables from Monday 19 August
- 14/08/2019 Drumsmittal Holiday Park - Exhibition/consultation Wednesday 21 August North Kessock
- 08/08/2019 Highland Council pressed for Climate Emergency action
- 08/08/2019 Extinction Rebellion active in the Highlands
- 04/08/2019 Drastic Plastic at Black Isle Show
- 28/07/2019 From the Changeworks / Home Energy Scotland July newsletter
- 18/07/2019 Fracking - Scottish Government renews Ineos Falkirk licence and Cuadrilla set to re-start in Lancashire