Muir of Ord and Dingwall Markets
16 May 2019
Dingwall Academy Market
Sadly, the MOO Food / Dingwall Academy online food market, which took over when the earlier Food Assembly shut down, has now had to close for lack of sufficient customer support. However, the market organisation led by MOO Food and with a group of enthusiastic pupils and a supportive school, remains in existence and hopes to continue to be active in promoting local food. To this end they have circulated references and links to former suppliers to the market and to the Black Isle Community markets, and are collaborating with MOOt(N) marketing in hosting a Midsummer Market on 21 June.
MOO(N) Zero Waste Sunday Market
Set up by Moo(n) Marketing founder Lynsey Burns, this has been held monthly since March in Muir of Ord Village Hall, showcasing "local produce, plants, vintage and pre-owned clothing, retro furniture and earth-friendly products", with the last monthly market before a summer break being held on 26 May.
Midsummer Market Friday 21 June 2019 Dingwall Academy
This market will not now take place.
Details of all these events and initiatives can be found on a new website page at Markets / Muir of Ord markets.
- 24/08/2019 Advance notice - save the date - TBI 10th anniversary ceilidh Friday 27 September Resolis Hall
- 22/08/2019 'The Retreat from Truth' - a pessimist's manifesto
- 22/08/2019 TBI film 'More than Honey' Thursday 5 September Muir Hub
- 16/08/2019 New Stgecoach bus timetables from Monday 19 August
- 14/08/2019 Drumsmittal Holiday Park - Exhibition/consultation Wednesday 21 August North Kessock
- 08/08/2019 Highland Council pressed for Climate Emergency action
- 08/08/2019 Extinction Rebellion active in the Highlands
- 04/08/2019 Drastic Plastic at Black Isle Show
- 28/07/2019 From the Changeworks / Home Energy Scotland July newsletter
- 18/07/2019 Fracking - Scottish Government renews Ineos Falkirk licence and Cuadrilla set to re-start in Lancashire