Muir of Ord and Dingwall Markets
16 May 2019
Dingwall Academy Market
Sadly, the MOO Food / Dingwall Academy online food market, which took over when the earlier Food Assembly shut down, has now had to close for lack of sufficient customer support. However, the market organisation led by MOO Food and with a group of enthusiastic pupils and a supportive school, remains in existence and hopes to continue to be active in promoting local food. To this end they have circulated references and links to former suppliers to the market and to the Black Isle Community markets, and are collaborating with MOOt(N) marketing in hosting a Midsummer Market on 21 June.
MOO(N) Zero Waste Sunday Market
Set up by Moo(n) Marketing founder Lynsey Burns, this has been held monthly since March in Muir of Ord Village Hall, showcasing "local produce, plants, vintage and pre-owned clothing, retro furniture and earth-friendly products", with the last monthly market before a summer break being held on 26 May.
Midsummer Market Friday 21 June 2019 Dingwall Academy
This market will not now take place.
Details of all these events and initiatives can be found on a new website page at Markets / Muir of Ord markets.
- 12/06/2019 Holiday Park proposal for former Black Isle Wildlife Park
- 10/06/2019 CCT newsletter - planning permission for Glascairn Project
- 30/05/2019 Scotland's Gardens Scheme Open Gardens programme
- 24/05/2019 Evanton Community Wood new shelter project nears completion
- 22/05/2019 The Resurgence Trust Publications and Activities
- 16/05/2019 Muir of Ord and Dingwall Markets
- 14/05/2019 The Global Climate Emergency - Climate Change Secretary Roseanna Cunningham's statement to the Scottish Parliament 14 May 2019
- 12/05/2019 Details revealed for Scotland's bottle and can deposit return scheme
- 10/05/2019 Highland Council declares a climate emergency Highland carbon-neutral target 2025
- 08/05/2019 Nature crisis: Humans 'threaten 1m species with extinction'