Muir of Ord and Dingwall Markets
16 May 2019
Dingwall Academy Market
Sadly, the MOO Food / Dingwall Academy online food market, which took over when the earlier Food Assembly shut down, has now had to close for lack of sufficient customer support. However, the market organisation led by MOO Food and with a group of enthusiastic pupils and a supportive school, remains in existence and hopes to continue to be active in promoting local food. To this end they have circulated references and links to former suppliers to the market and to the Black Isle Community markets, and are collaborating with MOOt(N) marketing in hosting a Midsummer Market on 21 June.
MOO(N) Zero Waste Sunday Market
Set up by Moo(n) Marketing founder Lynsey Burns, this has been held monthly since March in Muir of Ord Village Hall, showcasing "local produce, plants, vintage and pre-owned clothing, retro furniture and earth-friendly products", with the last monthly market before a summer break being held on 26 May.
Midsummer Market Friday 21 June 2019 Dingwall Academy
This market will not now take place.
Details of all these events and initiatives can be found on a new website page at Markets / Muir of Ord markets.
- 26/05/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 24/05/2020 TBI signs 'Just & Green Recovery' letter to FM
- 18/05/2020 Black Isle Horticultural Society update
- 16/05/2020 Greenpeace celebrates climate change successes
- 04/05/2020 Transition Town Forres is Growing Strong
- 02/05/2020 Good response to our 'Virtual Open Gardens' project - and now Scarecrows
- 01/05/2020 Gardeners! - bedding plants at Frank Nicol's, Dingwall
- 26/04/2020 Nairn community group supports individual projects as group events cancelled
- 24/04/2020 Veg consumption DOWN following 5-a-day campaign
- 22/04/2020 Gardeners! - Seeds, Compost and Onion sets available in Dingwall