'Come and Try it' Orienteering event Saturday 25 August Culbokie Woods
10 August 2018
'Come and Try It' orientering event suitable for anyone who is capable of walking or jogging along woodland paths. Can be done as a family or in other small groups or solo. Refreshments will be available. All course finishers will get a reward ... while stocks last! Event sponsored by Tulloch Homes.
Orienteering is an outdoor recreational activity that exercises both mind and body and which involves navigating between set points with a map and sometimes a compass. It doesn’t matter how young, old or fit you are, so long as you are able to walk along woodland paths. You can choose to run or walk at your own pace.
Everyone is invited to this event which will start from the recycling car park at the east end of Culbokie by the entrance to the woods. You can arrive at any time between 2pm and 4pm if you want to take part. Wear light clothes and some trainers or light weight walking boots. Bring a compass if you have one and know how to use it - if not you can borrow one or manage with just a map.
More information from Penny at firstname.lastname@example.org
The orienteering course in Culbokie Woods was constructed recently by a hard-working group of Culbokie volunteers.
Please download and display the poster.
- 14/02/2019 “How Do We Get From Here to There"? Discussion meeting Thursday 21 February Fortrose
- 12/02/2019 School Climate change protest strikes - Fort William teenager featured in The Guardian
- 05/02/2019 Scotland net Zero by 2045? - New Climate Change report by WWF
- 04/02/2019 Job Opportunity with The Sheiling Project Strathfarrar
- 02/02/2019 February Newsletter out now
- 22/01/2019 "Our house is on fire" - Greta Thunberg speaks at World Economic Forum at Davos
- 16/01/2019 Events at Logie Steading
- 12/01/2019 Climate Change School strike in Fort William
- 10/01/2019 BITT January Bulletin - Tourist Tax and 'Slow Adventure' tourism
- 08/01/2019 New bus timetables in operation