'Come and Try it' Orienteering event Saturday 25 August Culbokie Woods
10 August 2018
'Come and Try It' orientering event suitable for anyone who is capable of walking or jogging along woodland paths. Can be done as a family or in other small groups or solo. Refreshments will be available. All course finishers will get a reward ... while stocks last! Event sponsored by Tulloch Homes.
Orienteering is an outdoor recreational activity that exercises both mind and body and which involves navigating between set points with a map and sometimes a compass. It doesn’t matter how young, old or fit you are, so long as you are able to walk along woodland paths. You can choose to run or walk at your own pace.
Everyone is invited to this event which will start from the recycling car park at the east end of Culbokie by the entrance to the woods. You can arrive at any time between 2pm and 4pm if you want to take part. Wear light clothes and some trainers or light weight walking boots. Bring a compass if you have one and know how to use it - if not you can borrow one or manage with just a map.
More information from Penny at firstname.lastname@example.org
The orienteering course in Culbokie Woods was constructed recently by a hard-working group of Culbokie volunteers.
Please download and display the poster.
- 21/09/2018 Mid Ross Community Partnership Meeting Thursday 27 September Munlochy
- 20/09/2018 Dingwall Academy Harvest Market Wednesday 26 September
- 18/09/2018 Food Assembly closing - Dingwall Academy Market to open
- 16/09/2018 Have you got the bottle? - Deposit Return consultation closes 25 September
- 14/09/2018 TBI 'Drastic Plastic' meeting Wednesday 19 September Munlochy
- 04/09/2018 Transition network with a purpose
- 02/09/2018 Invergordon cruise ship berth expansion approved
- 01/09/2018 Huge response to Plastic consultation
- 25/08/2018 'Free the Change' Courses and Conversations - Learning for Sustainability Scotland
- 25/08/2018 Black Isle Cares Meals on Wheels looking to expand