Zero Waste Stores - Plastic Free Coastlines
18 May 2018
TBI Director Vanessa Halhead has discovered some interesting videos about Zero Waste Stores (and various other topics), and wonders whether the idea offers any scope for a TBI project.
At the Transition Scotland gathering in Dunbar last weekend Martin Sherring came across a campaign started by 'Surfers against Sewage' in Cornwall, seeking support from community leaders to "come forward and unite communities to create Plastic Free Coastlines". Something here for the Black Isle, perhaps?
And here's a link to a detailed European report on plastic packaging and food waste.
There is considerable interest within TBI at the moment in the growing campaign against plastic pollution and in waste reduction and recycling generally. If you have any ideas about how TBI might become involved in reducing waste and pollution and encouraging recycling, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 21/09/2018 Mid Ross Community Partnership Meeting Thursday 27 September Munlochy
- 20/09/2018 Dingwall Academy Harvest Market Wednesday 26 September
- 18/09/2018 Food Assembly closing - Dingwall Academy Market to open
- 16/09/2018 Have you got the bottle? - Deposit Return consultation closes 25 September
- 14/09/2018 TBI 'Drastic Plastic' meeting Wednesday 19 September Munlochy
- 04/09/2018 Transition network with a purpose
- 02/09/2018 Invergordon cruise ship berth expansion approved
- 01/09/2018 Huge response to Plastic consultation
- 25/08/2018 'Free the Change' Courses and Conversations - Learning for Sustainability Scotland
- 25/08/2018 Black Isle Cares Meals on Wheels looking to expand