Sleeper Campaign update - Franchise Manager job vacancy and Serco financial crisis
10 March 2018
The ever-vigilant Julian Paren has drawn attention to several documents which emphasise the unhappy state of the Caledonian Sleeper franchise contract with Transport Scotland
- A job advertisement by Transport Scotland for a Rail Franchise Commercial Manager in Scotland £56,488 - £67,660 (pro rata for part time), which specifically refers to "contingency planning . . . in the event a franchise agreement is terminated or otherwise comes to an end but no further contract has been entered into in respect of the services."
- Reports of a financial statement by Serco which refers to huge losses attributable to the sleeper contract and to the possibility that they may seek to renegotiate the franchise agreement or withdraw from it altogether.
- A letter from Transport Minister Humza Yousaf to a Scottish Parliamentary committee alerting them to this possibility but trying to suggest that everything is still under control.
Read more about all these developments on our Travel & Tourism / Caledonian Sleeper page.
- 14/02/2019 “How Do We Get From Here to There"? Discussion meeting Thursday 21 February Fortrose
- 12/02/2019 School Climate change protest strikes - Fort William teenager featured in The Guardian
- 05/02/2019 Scotland net Zero by 2045? - New Climate Change report by WWF
- 04/02/2019 Job Opportunity with The Sheiling Project Strathfarrar
- 02/02/2019 February Newsletter out now
- 22/01/2019 "Our house is on fire" - Greta Thunberg speaks at World Economic Forum at Davos
- 16/01/2019 Events at Logie Steading
- 12/01/2019 Climate Change School strike in Fort William
- 10/01/2019 BITT January Bulletin - Tourist Tax and 'Slow Adventure' tourism
- 08/01/2019 New bus timetables in operation