BI Biomass Buyers Group set up
18 February 2018
Claire MacKay writes
A group of biomass users on the Black Isle have formed a group to discuss a potential buyers community, following a nationwide crisis with supply of biomass pellets in December and January this year.
The aim is to secure a stable supply of pellets, and perhaps a surplus/stockpile held locally, for our community; to obtain a manufacturers discount or wholesale prices, and also arrange to recycle the plastic biomass pellet bags collectively. There is no current means of recycling the bags, and an estimated 900 bags are generated as waste, per month, in Cromarty alone. The reality is that many of these end up in landfill.
I'm attaching a poster to distribute, and anyone with an interest can contact me for more details.
I'm also attaching the notes from our initial meeting. There will be a follow-up meeting soon to discuss our various options and how the group wish to progress. All biomass users are welcome!
01381 600251 07413 190011
- 21/09/2018 Mid Ross Community Partnership Meeting Thursday 27 September Munlochy
- 20/09/2018 Dingwall Academy Harvest Market Wednesday 26 September
- 18/09/2018 Food Assembly closing - Dingwall Academy Market to open
- 16/09/2018 Have you got the bottle? - Deposit Return consultation closes 25 September
- 14/09/2018 TBI 'Drastic Plastic' meeting Wednesday 19 September Munlochy
- 04/09/2018 Transition network with a purpose
- 02/09/2018 Invergordon cruise ship berth expansion approved
- 01/09/2018 Huge response to Plastic consultation
- 25/08/2018 'Free the Change' Courses and Conversations - Learning for Sustainability Scotland
- 25/08/2018 Black Isle Cares Meals on Wheels looking to expand