MOO Food wins Carbon Clever funding
10 October 2017
Emma Whitham emailed on 9 October
Just found out we have been awarded £9990 from the Highland Council Carbon Clever Fund for phase 1 of MOO Incredible Edible project. This means will be progressing with community fridge, orchard and growing boxes.
In an earlier email Emma had outlined the project for which MOO were seeking funding
MOO Food is very much in its infancy, although we are building momentum. By the end of this week we will find out whether or not we have been awarded money from the Highland Council Carbon Clever fund to support our MOO Incredible Edible project. The purpose of this project is to create and maintain community food growing spaces within Muir of Ord, including an orchard and growing spaces for the benefit of local people and wildlife. If awarded this money we propose to plant an orchard (along with pupils from Tarradale Primary School) on 17th Nov as part of Muir of Ord’s first Apple Day event.
We will also install 50 growing boxes throughout the village that will be used to grow vegetables for everyone to harvest and enjoy. This fund will also be used to purchase our Community Fridge. All will be supported and maintained by MOO Food volunteers. This will be our first project, which fills us with much excitement.
MOO Food has also applied to the Climate Challenge Fund for funding for a more ambitious project called 'Growing our Future'. View the project summary .
After the end of October MOO Food will have a website at www.moofood.org
- 21/09/2018 Mid Ross Community Partnership Meeting Thursday 27 September Munlochy
- 20/09/2018 Dingwall Academy Harvest Market Wednesday 26 September
- 18/09/2018 Food Assembly closing - Dingwall Academy Market to open
- 16/09/2018 Have you got the bottle? - Deposit Return consultation closes 25 September
- 14/09/2018 TBI 'Drastic Plastic' meeting Wednesday 19 September Munlochy
- 04/09/2018 Transition network with a purpose
- 02/09/2018 Invergordon cruise ship berth expansion approved
- 01/09/2018 Huge response to Plastic consultation
- 25/08/2018 'Free the Change' Courses and Conversations - Learning for Sustainability Scotland
- 25/08/2018 Black Isle Cares Meals on Wheels looking to expand