VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITY - TBI needs Trustees - closes 30 September
16 September 2023
* passionate about a more resilient, sustainable and fair future on the Black Isle?
* aware of the many issues involved addressing climate change and resource depletion?
* willing to prioritise some time to help drive change forward?
If yes, we would like to hear from you! Please send a CV and a short letter or video, explaining why you'd like to join us, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September.
Transition Black Isle believes we can minimise the damage we are doing to the environment by reducing our use of finite resources, and instead concentrating on our well-being, and developing community-scale action. If we act as individuals, it will be too little; if we leave it to politicians it will be too late, but maybe, if we act as communities, it will be just enough, and just in time.
Our own current activity includes:
- Running the community markets in Cromarty and North Kessock, and the annual “Potato Day” sale of seed potatoes
- Working with seven other community groups and Keep Scotland Beautiful forming the Highland Community Waste Partnership, promotimg climate action through waste reduction
- Running the monthly Black Isle Repair Cafes
- Developing plans for an off-road cycle route between Avoch and Munlochy, in collaboration with Sustrans and The Highland Council
- Maintaining our website, which has a large range of material relevant to our vision;
- Promoting local food businesses through the Our Local Larder website
The role of Trustee is interesting and rewarding and you will be able to use your skills to help us make a real difference. As a trustee you will be in a position to bring new projects to the group, or to support existing initiatives. We are committed to supporting you in a welcoming and encouraging environment. Transition Black Isle encourages applications from people of all backgrounds, all ages and from people of all physical ability. Trustees meet every six weeks, either via Zoom or in person. Trustees serve on a voluntary basis but reasonable expenses can be reimbursed.
If you have any queries or would like to speak to one of our trustees before applying, please feel free to contact us via email@example.com .
Closing date for applications 30 September.
- 20/09/2023 Sunak rows back on green policies
- 18/09/2023 Take the Wee Bus to the Food Festival
- 16/09/2023 VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITY - TBI needs Trustees - closes 30 September
- 14/09/2023 Excellent articles in SCA newsletter
- 05/09/2023 Inverness Academy Street proposals approved
- 04/09/2023 'World will miss climate targets' - UN report
- 02/09/2023 A9 dualling consultation closes 15 September
- 01/09/2023 Cromarty Camping opens - news from Cromarty
- 30/08/2023 Community Council elections
- 22/08/2023 Muir of Ord Post Office closing on 22 September
- Saturday 30 September
- NA Highland Good Food Partnership AGMs and local events
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Saturday 7 October
- 10:30 Community Assembly - Highland Renewable Energy Company?
- 13:00 BLACK ISLE REPAIR CAFE North Kessock Village Hall
- Saturday 14 October
- 10:00 Ardgay Community Market
- NA Cromarty Community Market
- Saturday 21 October
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
- Thursday 26 October
- NA Cycling Scotland Conference 2023 - August update
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.