Black Isle Horticultural Society update
18 May 2020
Graham Sullivan, Secretary, Black Isle Horticultural Society, writes
Along with everything and everybody else, the Horticultural Society has been affected by COVID-19. We hope you are well, staying safe, and coping with life as it is just now. Many of us feel very grateful that we have the opportunities and escape that gardening can provide.
We have of course had to cancel our Plant Sale and Soup Lunch that we had intended to hold this month. This is normally our main fundraising event in the year.
The date of our Summer Show this year is 8th August (Show Schedule can be found on our website http://www.spanglefish.com/blackislehorticulturalsociety/index.asp ). At this stage it’s unclear whether we’ll be able to go ahead. Our Committee will review this in the first half of June, and make a decision then. We will of course follow Scottish Government regulations and advice applicable at the time.
In the meantime, we’re planning to hold some interesting and fun online gardening-related competitions, with modest entry fees and prizes, safely and in compliance with the current restrictions. These will start in a week or so, so keep an eye on our Facebook page (search for Black Isle Horticultural Society). There’s a wildflower quiz there now – no prizes or fee, but feel free to post how many you’ve got and we’ll post the full set of correct answers shortly.
- 14/01/2021 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 08/01/2021 Growing our Future update - Consultation extended
- 05/01/2021 Scotland's Climate Assembly weekend three 9 & 10 January
- 02/01/2021 Fast Fashion Campaigning group - 'Fashion Revolution'
- 30/12/2020 Dingwall Community Fridge
- 28/12/2020 UK to stop funding overseas fossil fuel projects
- 26/12/2020 'Green Industrial Revolution' for UK?
- 24/12/2020 Black Isle Sharing Sheds
- 18/12/2020 Highland Good Food Conversation programme now available
- 08/12/2020 New CCT newsletter and FCC 'Noticeboard'