Transition Town Forres is Growing Strong
04 May 2020
Transition Town Forres has appointed a new Centre Manager, Anne Owen, who is already promoting a new community food project called 'Growing Strong'. Anne writes
"We at TTF wanted to contribute to [Forres' Covid-19 response] and help by producing a little extra community food.
"We have over 50 gardeners looking after allotments at the centre. Some of them have volunteered to ‘adopt’ a growing crate to grow extra food this year.
"At harvest time, the fruit and vegetables produced will be distributed to the community. If we are through lockdown by then, then folk are welcome at the centre, otherwise veggie boxes will be distributed to folk through the ‘Covid 19 response’."
- 14/01/2021 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 10/01/2021 Culbokie outdoor market resumes 16 January
- 08/01/2021 Growing our Future update - Consultation extended
- 05/01/2021 Scotland's Climate Assembly weekend three 9 & 10 January
- 02/01/2021 Fast Fashion Campaigning group - 'Fashion Revolution'
- 30/12/2020 Dingwall Community Fridge
- 28/12/2020 UK to stop funding overseas fossil fuel projects
- 26/12/2020 'Green Industrial Revolution' for UK?
- 24/12/2020 Black Isle Sharing Sheds
- 18/12/2020 Highland Good Food Conversation programme now available