Climate Change links and resources
04 October 2019
In follow-up discussion on Julian Paren's Climate Change talk at BIG 2019 on 5 October, Martin Sherring has drawn attention to a Keep Scotland Beautiful / Climate Challenge Fund website page primarily promoting 'Carbon Literacy' training but also including a large number of links to other sites or pages containing a range of information sources and suggestions for community activities of which the following are just a few examples:
Responses to Climate Myths and Denial is an information sheet with information you can use to counter common climate myths and arguments used to deny climate change is a problem.
Scotland 2030 a view of Scotland in 2030 that shows how the changes we’re making together can help create a cleaner, greener, healthier and fairer country for all.
Greener Scotland website is the Scottish Government’s one-stop website for Scottish households on greener living.
Climate Conversations - a guide to running a 70-minute conversation in your community around climate change.
Well worth a look. Check it out here .
- 16/10/2019 Your Community Council needs you - nomination period extended
- 14/10/2019 Newsletters received from CCT, GALE and BITT
- 04/10/2019 Climate Change links and resources
- 18/09/2019 Local Food initiatives around Bristol . . . and the Black Isle
- 16/09/2019 We must change food production to save the world - latest IPCC report
- 14/09/2019 Greta lambasts world leaders at UN
- 12/09/2019 Sustainable travel on Arran - an invitation
- 10/09/2019 Scottish Parliament petition to ban single-use plastics
- 06/09/2019 Campaign for Scottish Environment Act
- 22/08/2019 'The Retreat from Truth' - a pessimist's manifesto