Scottish Community Alliance
Scottish Community Alliance is an umbrella grouping of community groups in Scotland, originally set up in 2007 and formalised and renamed in 2010. From their website
What we are
The Scottish Community Alliance is leading the campaign for a strong and independent community sector in Scotland. It was initiated in Jan 2007 by an informal coalition of four national networks: Development Trust Association Scotland, Community Woodlands Association, Community Recycling Network Scotland and Senscot. When this informal gathering of networks came together we used the ‘wrapper’ of Local People Leading to give us a collective identity. Each of these organisations serves community based memberships and together they share a vision of an empowered and independent community sector. Since 2007, Local People Leading was joined by more and more networks with community based memberships. Towards the end of 2010, these networks agreed to formalise this loose arrangement by adopting a constitution and renaming itself – The Scottish Community Alliance.
The website home page highlights the latest information briefing, and we recently received an email briefing with information and links on a lot of interesting topics.
- Thursday 27 February
- 19:00 Common Weal / InverYESs Study for Action workshop
- Friday 28 February
- 19:30 Muir Movies - Rocketman
- Saturday 29 February
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Monday 2 March
- NA Week 2 of Fairtrade Fortnight - to Sunday 8 March
- Wednesday 4 March
- 19:00 Film 'Everyday Rebellion' Muir Hub 7.00
- Friday 6 March
- 19:30 Resolis CA Talks - '. .Rosemarkie Man' & '. .the Lighthouse Men'
- Saturday 7 March
- 11:00 Transition Town Forres Cafe Collective
- 10:00 Cromarty Arts Trust Sewing weekend
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory