Scottish Community Alliance
Scottish Community Alliance is an umbrella grouping of community groups in Scotland, originally set up in 2007 and formalised and renamed in 2010. From their website
What we are
The Scottish Community Alliance is leading the campaign for a strong and independent community sector in Scotland. It was initiated in Jan 2007 by an informal coalition of four national networks: Development Trust Association Scotland, Community Woodlands Association, Community Recycling Network Scotland and Senscot. When this informal gathering of networks came together we used the ‘wrapper’ of Local People Leading to give us a collective identity. Each of these organisations serves community based memberships and together they share a vision of an empowered and independent community sector. Since 2007, Local People Leading was joined by more and more networks with community based memberships. Towards the end of 2010, these networks agreed to formalise this loose arrangement by adopting a constitution and renaming itself – The Scottish Community Alliance.
The website home page highlights the latest information briefing.
- Thursday 22 April
- 19:30 TBI Admin (Directors) meeting, 7.30 online
- 19:30 Skye Climate Action election 2021 hustings
- Saturday 24 April
- 20:00 Resolis Community Arts - Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas
- Monday 26 April
- 14:15 Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- NA 'Carbon Conversations' workshops - Lairg & District Learning Centre
- Tuesday 27 April
- 18:00 Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- Wednesday 28 April
- NA Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- Friday 30 April
- NA IMFLDP Consultation closes 5.00
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory