Added by Anne Thomas on 31 July 2018
150g unsalted butter
150g self-raising flour
250g fresh gooseberries
25g broken or loosely chopped walnuts
20g demerara sugar
1 x 18cm square tin or flan dish
Grease the tin/ flan dish
Cream the butter and honey until light and fluffy.
Sift the flour and cornflour together and gradually add to the butter mixture. Knead until it comes together, then turn onto the worktop and knead for a further minute.
Spread 2/3 of this mixture over the base of the tin, using your hands. Smooth over with the back of a spoon. Cover the dough with the gooseberries.
Add the walnuts and demerara sugar to the remaining 1/3 of the mixture and knead well. Gently spread this over the gooseberries and smooth out.
Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, until golden brown. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes and then cut into squares/ slices.
There are 0 comments on this recipe.
You can leave a comment now, via the Gooseberry Shortcake thread in our Forum.
- Tuesday 26 March
- NA Food and Growing Group meeting
- Saturday 30 March
- 10:00 2019 Grow North + Workshop 1
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Wednesday 3 April
- 19:30 TBI Transition Talk and Discussion - Food Waste - Fortrose 7.30
- Saturday 6 April
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Monday 8 April
- NA Black Isle Tourism Team Walk, Lunch and Launch Culbokie
- Saturday 13 April
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market
- Saturday 20 April
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory