Courgette, tomato and onion bake topped with cheese sauce.
Added by Lesley Robb on 29 July 2018
Slice courgettes, sprinkle with salt and leave for a while for water to seep out. Meanwhile slice and fry some onions and slice tomatoes.
Dry the courgettes then layer with the onions and tomatoes in a casserole - finish with a courgette layer.
Top with cheese sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese and breadcrumbs if you have some, then bake in a moderate oven.
It is possible to make this dish without cooking the onions first but I think that cooking them first gives a better flavour. Also the courgettes can be used without salting but this gives more liquid in the final dish. Happy eating!
There are 0 comments on this recipe.
You can leave a comment now, via the Courgette, tomato and onion bake topped with cheese sauce. thread in our Forum.
- Tuesday 26 March
- NA Food and Growing Group meeting
- Saturday 30 March
- 10:00 2019 Grow North + Workshop 1
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Wednesday 3 April
- 19:30 TBI Transition Talk and Discussion - Food Waste - Fortrose 7.30
- Saturday 6 April
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Monday 8 April
- NA Black Isle Tourism Team Walk, Lunch and Launch Culbokie
- Saturday 13 April
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market
- Saturday 20 April
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory