Added by Julie on 26 June 2017
A dab of cooking-oil
110g caster sugar
165g coarsely chopped rhubarb
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp icing sugar
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan)
Glaze four 250ml ovenproof dishes with tiny bit of cooking-oil (I rubbed on with kitchen towel dapped in oil). Sprinkle base and sides of dishes with 2 tablespoons of the caster sugar. Stand dishes on oven tray.
Combine rhubarb, water and 2 tablespoons of caster sugar. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens. Transfer mixture to medium heatproof bowl.
Meanwhile, beat egg-whites in small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining caster sugar; beat until firm peaks form.
Fold egg-white mixture into warm rhubarb mixture, in two batches. Spoon mixture into dishes. Bake in oven about 12 minutes.
Serve souffles immediately, dusted with sifted icing sugar.
(Recipe originally from Food to Love, on Internet)
There are 0 comments on this recipe.
You can leave a comment now, via the Rhubarb souffle thread in our Forum.
- Tuesday 26 March
- NA Food and Growing Group meeting
- Saturday 30 March
- 10:00 2019 Grow North + Workshop 1
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Wednesday 3 April
- 19:30 TBI Transition Talk and Discussion - Food Waste - Fortrose 7.30
- Saturday 6 April
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Monday 8 April
- NA Black Isle Tourism Team Walk, Lunch and Launch Culbokie
- Saturday 13 April
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market
- Saturday 20 April
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory