Added by Lesley Robb on 18 May 2017
800g potatoes - boiled and mashed
500g fish - cooked gently in a minimum of milk
4 spring onions - sliced finely
8 x 10-20g cubes of mature cheddar.
Mix together the mashed potato, spring onions and drained fish. Add a little of the cooking milk to get the correct consistency if necessary. Refrigerate until cold.
Shape the mixture into 8 fishcakes, putting a cube of cheese in the centre of each one. Coat in egg and breadcrumbs and fry gently to allow time for the cheese to melt.
There are 0 comments on this recipe.
You can leave a comment now, via the Fishcakes Surprise thread in our Forum.
- Tuesday 26 March
- NA Food and Growing Group meeting
- Saturday 30 March
- 10:00 2019 Grow North + Workshop 1
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Wednesday 3 April
- 19:30 TBI Transition Talk and Discussion - Food Waste - Fortrose 7.30
- Saturday 6 April
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Monday 8 April
- NA Black Isle Tourism Team Walk, Lunch and Launch Culbokie
- Saturday 13 April
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market
- Saturday 20 April
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory