Easy Rhubarb Cake
Added by Julie on 25 June 2016
1 cup plus 2 tbsp self raising flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2/3 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 tbsp for top of rhubarb
3 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp buttermilk or milk
1 tsp vanilla or vanilla bean paste
2 cups diced rhubarb
Preheat oven to about 177 C
In a bowl mix eggs and 2/3 cup of sugar until light.
Add melted butter, vanilla, and buttermilk.
Stir in flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
Pour into a 8 or 9 inch cake pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or covered with nonstick baking paper
Spread diced rhubarb around the top of the batter and sprinkle with 2 tbsp sugar.
Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
There are 0 comments on this recipe.
You can leave a comment now, via the Easy Rhubarb Cake thread in our Forum.
- Tuesday 26 March
- NA Food and Growing Group meeting
- Saturday 30 March
- 10:00 2019 Grow North + Workshop 1
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Wednesday 3 April
- 19:30 TBI Transition Talk and Discussion - Food Waste - Fortrose 7.30
- Saturday 6 April
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Monday 8 April
- NA Black Isle Tourism Team Walk, Lunch and Launch Culbokie
- Saturday 13 April
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market
- Saturday 20 April
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory