Carrot and Leek Cobbler
Added by Julie on 25 April 2016
Its very easy and tasty! Preheat the oven to 180C. Steam or boil 3 chunky cut large carrots & 3 large chunky cut leeks until just tender, drain (keep stock for sauce) & place in an oven proof casserole dish.
Meanwhile make a sauce with 20g flour in a good glug of oil or butter. When the flower has cooked for a minute or 2 add 450ml stock. Stir well & season to taste, pour over the veg and place in the oven for 15minutes.
Make scone mix with 50g butter rubbed into 220g self raising flour & 1tsp mustard powder. When the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs stir in a bit of grated cheese, then an egg and splash of milk to make a dough. Roll out to 2cm thick & cut out round scones.
Take the veg out the oven, place scones on top, raise oven temperature to 200C and bake for 20 minutes until the scones are cooked.
From Dan Ross
There are 0 comments on this recipe.
You can leave a comment now, via the Carrot and Leek Cobbler thread in our Forum.
- Tuesday 26 March
- NA Food and Growing Group meeting
- Saturday 30 March
- 10:00 2019 Grow North + Workshop 1
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Wednesday 3 April
- 19:30 TBI Transition Talk and Discussion - Food Waste - Fortrose 7.30
- Saturday 6 April
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Monday 8 April
- NA Black Isle Tourism Team Walk, Lunch and Launch Culbokie
- Saturday 13 April
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market
- Saturday 20 April
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory