Swede, Apple and Leek bake
Added by Julie on 28 December 2015
Preheat the oven to 180 C.
Melt 25g butter in a pan & fry 2 finely shredded leeks on very low heat for 12 mins, stirring occasionally.
Add 4 sage leaves, 75ml white wine or apple juice. Cook for 2 mins then season with salt & pepper.
Meanwhile cut 800g-1kg peeled swede in half, then slice very finely. Core, half & finely slice 2 apples.
Layer swede, apple & cooked leeks in a baking dish, with swede as the top layer.
Cover with foil & bake for 45 mins. Remove foil, sprinkle with 50g grated cheddar & bake 15 mins until golden.
There is 1 comment so far.
You can leave a comment now, via the Swede, Apple and Leek bake thread in our Forum.
- Tuesday 26 March
- NA Food and Growing Group meeting
- Saturday 30 March
- 10:00 2019 Grow North + Workshop 1
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Wednesday 3 April
- 19:30 TBI Transition Talk and Discussion - Food Waste - Fortrose 7.30
- Saturday 6 April
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Monday 8 April
- NA Black Isle Tourism Team Walk, Lunch and Launch Culbokie
- Saturday 13 April
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market
- Saturday 20 April
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory