Added by Martin on 15 November 2010
To make the soup, chop an onion and soften it in oil or butter. Add a couple of heaped handfuls of scrubbed artichokes, and enough vegetable stock to cover the mixture. I don't know if it makes much difference, but I cut the artichokes into inch-long chunks to speed things up. Once the artichokes are soft (they almost dissolve) add a handful of chopped parsley and blitz the mixture with one of those whizzers - or a potato masher would probably do the job. If it's too thick, add a bit more water, or maybe some cream if you're really pushing the boat out.
A word of warning - artichokes are delicious, but they do cause flatulence, so this may not be the best dish to impress the girl/ boyfriend's parents, at least not unless you know them quite well already!
There are 0 comments on this recipe.
You can leave a comment now, via the Artichoke soup thread in our Forum.
- Tuesday 26 March
- NA Food and Growing Group meeting
- Saturday 30 March
- 10:00 2019 Grow North + Workshop 1
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- Wednesday 3 April
- 19:30 TBI Transition Talk and Discussion - Food Waste - Fortrose 7.30
- Saturday 6 April
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market
- Monday 8 April
- NA Black Isle Tourism Team Walk, Lunch and Launch Culbokie
- Saturday 13 April
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market
- Saturday 20 April
- 10:00 Culbokie Community Market
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory