Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Black Isle Bus Service
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Other Groups and Forums -> TransportMessage format

Anne Thomas
Posted 2011-01-21 21:46 (#529)
Subject: Black Isle Bus Service

Extreme Veteran

Maggie is trying to organise a petition for a bus service from the North side of the Black Isle to Dingwall. There is a deadline in mid Feb for ideas on the bus service so I am inclined to give a longer wish list.
Here are some of my ideas:

North Kessock Bus service is 26A every hour but none on Sunday and at key points in the afternoon and evening when you need them. There are quite a few buses going past on the A9.
We can only access A9 buses if we walk along the A9 for about 20-30 minutes to the bridge or use Wendy's lay by stop which doesn't have a bus stop and most people don't realise it is a request stop. It took me 4 years to find out and I am interested. On the Kessock side people from North Kessock have to climb over a crash barrier to get to the lay by! There is apparently a rule that if there is more than a mile between bus stops people have a right to request a stop, but how many people know that? Certainly not summer visitors. Buses to North Kessock are only once an hour at best and often less frequent. The buses into town used to tie up with the school bus but now don't which means kids can't change and go on into town
Recently I was 'iced in' so decided to take public transport to work in Nairn. It was totally impossible to get there earlier than 9.20 starting when I realised car was impossible at 7.45, so I was late for a meeting. The drive takes half an hour. If we are to persuade people not to drive we need a viable alternative which gets them where they need to be at the right time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software