Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I plan to be in Totnes area
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Forums -> News, Events and AnnouncementsMessage format

Agric
Posted 2010-08-31 10:31 (#324)
Subject: I plan to be in Totnes area

Veteran

from later today till about the end of September, visiting friends and WWOOFing. So, if there is anyone you would like me to lookup, pick brains of, or bang head of, then let me know and I'll try to do so

Good luck with Greening Homes and Gardens, it sounds like it will be an even bigger success than last year's. Everyone I've told about TBI, and that's quite a few, has been astonished at how much we've achieved and very impressed by the breadth of events, projects and website. Keep on trucking.

Tommy and NCG folk - is the garlic lifted yet? If not, please hurry, LOL. L&BB 2 y'all
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Martin
Posted 2010-08-31 20:46 (#327 - in reply to #324)
Subject: Re: I plan to be in Totnes area

Veteran

If you get a chance, see if you can get Martin Crawford to show you round his forest garden - it'll change your views about how to grow food! Maybe that's not quite accurate - it'll make you aware of a totally different approach to food and how to produce it.

And I'd be interested to understand better how somewhere like Totnes functions without the Climate Challenge Fund - where do they get the money from, how is their work balanced between paid staff and volunteers.

Don't worry about garlic, all under control. 9 folk out at Netherton last Wednesday p.m.
Martin
Posted 2010-08-31 20:49 (#328 - in reply to #324)
Subject: Re: I plan to be in Totnes area

Veteran

Should also have said, if you're speaking to Martin C, you could mention that P and I were on one of his courses about 3 weeks ago, prospects of a Black Isle forest garden, with orders for trees and seeds for him, etc.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software