XR Barclays fossil fuel funding protest Inverness
14 November 2022, Starts: 11:00
Monday 14 November 11.00 Barclays Bank Union Street
Join XR Highlands & Islands and Moray in Inverness as part of a UK wide protest (at a hundred branches) against fossil fuel funder, Barclays Bank. The protest is "Barc-lies Stinks" on Monday 14 November 2022 at 11:00 am Barclays Bank, 19a Union Street, Inverness.
Despite the warnings, Barclays continue to fund the climate and ecological emergency. But we won’t let them get away with it. Barclays is the 7th biggest funder of fossil fuels worldwide and #1 in Europe. Barclays are also funding the proposed Rosebank Oil Field by providing stakeholders Equinor with $2.46 billion of backing. Rosebank contains over 500 million barrels of oil, which if burned would produce the equivalent CO2 emissions of 28 low-income countries combined.
It has given US$ 166.741 billion to companies active in fossil fuels since the Paris agreement 2016 to 2021. Barclays has been Europe’s #1 funder of fracked oil & gas in 2016-21, giving US$ 28.834 billion to the 30 top fracking companies.
Barclays is Europe’s #1 funder of coal power. Join us in our protest at the Barclays Bank, Inverness. Feel free to make your own placards although some will be available.
- Saturday 28 January
- 10:00 North Kessock Community Market
- 11:00 Transition Town Forres need help with hedge cutting
- 19:30 CCT - Talk by Shona Maclean on 'The Bookseller of Inverness'
- Monday 30 January
- 08:30 Transition to a zero waste and circular economy in Scotland - online commercial conference
- Tuesday 31 January
- 14:00 Opportunities for large scale reuse in Scotland
- Wednesday 1 February
- 18:00 'Riverwoods' film at UHI
- Saturday 4 February
- 13:00 Black Isle Repair Cafe North Kessock
- 17:30 Transition Town Forres - Imbolc fundraising event
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory