The Future Speaks - Highlands & Islands
19 March 2021, Starts: 17:00, Ends: 18:30
by Teach the Future & Fridays For Future Scotland
Friday 19 March 5.00 - 6.30
An online panel discussion on the climate and ecological emergency between Highlands & Islands high school students, MPs and MSPs.
About this Event
96% of 18-24 year olds in Scotland are concerned about the escalating climate crisis according to the 2020 Ipsos MORI survey. How can we give voice to those concerns?
‘The Future Speaks’ will provide an open forum for young people, the group most harmed by climate and ecological dangers, to constructively engage with elected representatives on this most important issue.
In this event leading up to COP26 and the Holyrood elections, local students will ask sitting Highlands & Islands MPs and candidate MSPs questions relating to climate change obligations, education, and action. The panel will include representatives from all major Scottish parties including Ariane Burgess MSP candidate (Scottish Greens), Maree Todd MSP (Scottish National Party), Beatrice Wishart MSP (Scottish Liberal Democrats), and more to be announced!
This event is organised by Teach the Future and Fridays For Future Scotland with support from Learning for Sustainability, The Royal Society of Edinburgh, The Scottish Mathematical Council, Geobus, The Institute of Physics, and the Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- Saturday 8 May
- NA Inverness Science Festival Family Day 2
- Monday 10 May
- 19:00 'Carbon Conversations' workshops - Lairg & District Learning Centre
- Wednesday 12 May
- 18:30 Planet Sutherland Permaculture event
- 16:00 HGFP Development Group meeting - Health and Well-being
- 14:00 HGFP Development Group meeting - Education and training
- Thursday 13 May
- 16:00 HGFP Development Group meeting - Community Resilience
- 14:00 HGFP Development Group meeting - Local Food Economy
- 19:30 National Museum of Scotland - Secrets of the Rosemarkie Sunfish
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory