UK 'Green New Deal' Bill second reading
12 March 2021
UK Decarbonisation and Economic Strategy Bill 2020
What has become known as the 'Green New Deal Bill', a Private Member's Bill sponsored by Green Party MP Caroline Lucas, received its first reading without debate in July 2020, and is due to come before Parliament for second reading on 12 March 2021.
The preamble to the bill describes it as
A Bill to place duties on the Secretary of State to decarbonise the United Kingdom economy and to reverse inequality; to establish a ten-year economic and public investment strategy in accordance with those duties which promotes a community- and employee-led transition from high-carbon to low- and zero-carbon industry; to require the Government to report on its adherence to the strategy; to establish higher environmental standards for air, water and green spaces; to make provision to protect and restore natural habitats; and for connected purposes.
Caroline Lucas wrote about the bill in The Guardian on 20 September 2019.
- Thursday 22 April
- 19:30 TBI Admin (Directors) meeting, 7.30 online
- 19:30 Skye Climate Action election 2021 hustings
- Saturday 24 April
- 20:00 Resolis Community Arts - Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas
- Monday 26 April
- 14:15 Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- NA 'Carbon Conversations' workshops - Lairg & District Learning Centre
- Tuesday 27 April
- 18:00 Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- Wednesday 28 April
- NA Nobel Prize Summit - 'Our Planet, Our Future'
- Friday 30 April
- NA IMFLDP Consultation closes 5.00
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory