Fortrose Community Market CANCELLED
06 June 2020, Starts: 10:00, Ends: 12:30
The Fortrose community market takes place on the first Saturday of each month at the theatre in Fortrose Academy next to the library. It is primarily a food market and there is usually a good selection of pork, venison and lamb, fresh seasonal vegetables, eggs, hand made bread (including gluten free), hand crafted patisserie and chocolates as well as dried goods, vegan cheese, vegan fudge, jams, marmalades, teas and plants.
The market has expanded over the last six months and there are around 20 to 25 stalls. There are a range of crafters who also attend on a rotational basis and you will find local wood workers and jewellers, artists, felters, glass and candle makers together with social and community groups. The market's aim is to promote local produce and to support Black Isle businesses.
March / April 2020 New Market organiser
Claire Devine has been appointed as market organiser to succeed Charlie Leggatt. Claire works for Highland Council in their waste department, promoting waste reduction and recycling amongst other things, and is a former editor of Chatterbox. She and Charlie will both be at the 7 March market, and Claire will take over from April.
The email contact address is unchanged.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday 6 June
- NA Green Living Expo UHI Inverness CANCELLED
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market CANCELLED
- Wednesday 10 June
- 19:30 Fair Trade and the Environment - Eco congregation & Scottish Fair Trade Forum - online
- Friday 12 June
- 15:00 Green Hive - Turning the tide on Plastic Pollution - online
- Saturday 13 June
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market CANCELLED
- Sunday 14 June
- 19:30 Culbokie CT Quiz Night-In online
- Tuesday 16 June
- 14:00 MOO Food talk - Eco congregations Scotland - online
- 19:00 Electric Vehicles - Right for You? TBI Zoom presentation and discussion
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory