BI Biomass Buyers Group set up
18 February 2018
Claire MacKay writes
A group of biomass users on the Black Isle have formed a group to discuss a potential buyers community, following a nationwide crisis with supply of biomass pellets in December and January this year.
The aim is to secure a stable supply of pellets, and perhaps a surplus/stockpile held locally, for our community; to obtain a manufacturers discount or wholesale prices, and also arrange to recycle the plastic biomass pellet bags collectively. There is no current means of recycling the bags, and an estimated 900 bags are generated as waste, per month, in Cromarty alone. The reality is that many of these end up in landfill.
I'm attaching a poster to distribute, and anyone with an interest can contact me for more details.
I'm also attaching the notes from our initial meeting. There will be a follow-up meeting soon to discuss our various options and how the group wish to progress. All biomass users are welcome!
01381 600251 07413 190011
- 16/03/2018 March newsletter from GALE
- 10/03/2018 Sleeper Campaign update - Franchise Manager job vacancy and Serco financial crisis
- 09/03/2018 Dingwall Food Assembly Update
- 08/03/2018 Job opportunities - MOO Food is recruiting
- 06/03/2018 'Dolphin Shuttle' bus service to Chanonry Point
- 24/02/2018 Sleeper campaign gets responses - of a sort
- 18/02/2018 BI Biomass Buyers Group set up
- 14/02/2018 TBI members stride out with a purpose
- 11/02/2018 Transition Network's organisational purpose - ideas wanted
- 10/02/2018 Culbokie Community Minibus bid