TBI joins GALE
04 February 2018
Our long drawn-out attempt to become a corporat menber of GALE (Gairloch and Loch Ewe Action Forum), in the interests of exchanging newsletters, information and ideas, has finally borne fruit, with the taking of our subscription at the end of November, and now the arrival of their last two newsletters, with a covering email from Leah Ball, with whom Marion and I first discussed the idea of establishing links between our organisations while at Gairloch in May last year.
We have had a link to GALE'S website for some time and have suggested that it might perhaps be possible for their site to be modified to incorporate a page or section including links to the TBI and Black Isle Larder sites, and also those of other like-minded organisations, and we remain hopeful that this idea will be taken up.
Meanwhile please read and enjoy the newsletters, and notice in amongst some of the now out-of-date Christmas material in the first one the interesting idea of 'pocket orchards' - which might well be relevant to our ongoing interest in apple growing on the Black Isle.
For more information about GALE, see their own page at Groups / Gale
- 18/09/2018 Food Assembly closing - Dingwall Academy Market to open
- 16/09/2018 Have you got the bottle? - Deposit Return consultation closes 25 September
- 14/09/2018 TBI 'Drastic Plastic' meeting Wednesday 19 September Munlochy
- 04/09/2018 Transition network with a purpose
- 02/09/2018 Invergordon cruise ship berth expansion approved
- 01/09/2018 Huge response to Plastic consultation
- 25/08/2018 'Free the Change' Courses and Conversations - Learning for Sustainability Scotland
- 25/08/2018 Black Isle Cares Meals on Wheels looking to expand
- 24/08/2018 Black Isle Tourism Team August bulletin
- 16/08/2018 Scottish Government consultations closing - Climate change Bill and Environment Stategy