Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Climate Question Time Cafe 4th May
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Forums -> News, Events and AnnouncementsMessage format

Anne Thomas
Posted 2011-05-02 01:25 (#667)
Subject: Climate Question Time Cafe 4th May

Extreme Veteran

A reminder that the Climate Question Time Cafe organised by Friends of the Earth Inverness and Ross in conjunction with the Stop Climate Chaos Coalition is happening at 7.30pm on Wednesday at Hilton Church Tomatin Rd, Inverness.
The first half will be traditional question time format and the second half candidates will rotate round tables so people can ask them individual questions more informally.
Your chance to hold those potential politicians to account on the environment which all to often gets little mention in election campaigns and even when it does the promises are not always kept.
Let me know if you want to lift share.
We could also do with some questions for the first part.
Please can someone put it on the calendar? I don't seem to be able to log on?

Attachments
----------------
Attachments climate question time cafe.docx (130KB - 114 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Agric
Posted 2011-05-02 20:24 (#673 - in reply to #667)
Subject: RE: Climate Question Time Cafe 4th May

Veteran

Added to calendar.

I'd like to go but not sure I'll have a car that night so would most welcome a lift from anyone passing Culbokie. I could be easily persuaded to a beer and curry or something else to eat afterwards, I don't get out to see the bright lights of the metropolis often.
John Wood
Posted 2011-05-05 18:09 (#684 - in reply to #667)
Subject: Re: Climate Question Time Cafe 4th May

Regular

Sorry I missed this - how did it go?

John
Agric
Posted 2011-05-05 19:21 (#685 - in reply to #684)

Veteran

Relatively poor attendance (25-ish), 5 of 6 candidates appeared (Conservative missed due to stomach upset) but the format worked well.

There was only time for 3 questions from the floor to all candidates, then the audience split into 5 tables and the candidates rotated round those spending about 8 minutes at each. I think we all thought this could have been usefully longer since we got into quite good and varied discussions in the small groups.
Anne Thomas
Posted 2011-05-07 19:46 (#689 - in reply to #667)

Extreme Veteran

All the candidates reported how much they had enjoyed this format and I think they were challenged more as they were continually being asked questions. There was a large enough contingent of people who had good environmental questions to ask to have some on each table to keep candidates on their toes. The 3 teenagers I brought along who were all about to vote for the first time also enjoyed it and were able to ask questions themselves which they admitted would have been too intimidating to do to a hall full of people. I think it would be worth TBI considering this format maybe for 6th formers the next time there is an election.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software