Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Easter Ross Biodiversity Forum - Thursday 19 May 2011
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Forums -> News, Events and AnnouncementsMessage format

glacio
Posted 2011-03-27 22:34 (#625)
Subject: Easter Ross Biodiversity Forum - Thursday 19 May 2011

I received the following e-mail addressed to Information at Transition Black Isle about the Easter Ross Biodiversity Forum

Is this topic an area of expertise of any TBI member? Would you be attending this event "wearing a different hat"? Networking is a good way to expand knowledge of TBI especially when there are no funds for grand projects.

Wendy will later have to reply on behalf of TBI. Can she nominate a willing member who would gain from exposure to these issues?

Best wishes

Julian Paren

Letter follows:

Easter Ross Biodiversity Forum - Thursday 19 May 2011 (7.00pm-9.30pm) Strathpeffer Community Centre.

I am writing to inform you that the group formally known as the Ross & Cromarty East Biodiversity Group has now become the Easter Ross Biodiversity Group. The group was originally set up to help produce the Ross & Cromarty (East) Biodiversity Action Plan and has continued to meet, networking and supporting projects. Members of our group include BTCV, SNH, Highland Council Rangers, Forestry Commission, Cromarty Firth Fisheries Trust, SEPA and RSPB.

As part of a project looking at the future for the group, we have identified our new strategic aims .

Our new strategic aims are:

To raise awareness of the Ross & Cromarty (East) Biodiversity Action Plan and activities to deliver it.
To encourage local people and groups to take action to deliver the Ross & Cromarty (East) Biodiversity Action Plan.
To provide a forum to help people and groups share biodiversity-related information and expertise in Easter Ross and the Black Isle.

As part of our third strategic aim, we are inviting local environmental groups to join us on Thursday 19 May 2011 (7.00pm-9.30pm) at Strathpeffer Community Centre (http://www.strathpeffercommunitycentre.org.uk/location) for an opportunity to network, share ideas and update each other on our current activities. The evening will be chaired by Dr Kenny Taylor (a Black-Isle-based writer, lecturer, broadcaster and musician) and refreshments will be served. The event will be open to group members and interested members of the public (free of charge).

We would be pleased if a member of your group could come along and give a short presentation on a biodiversity-related project they are working on or have recently completed. We would also like to invite members of your group to attend.

This is an excellent opportunity to create contacts between groups working in the area and share expertise and ideas. We also hope that it may create more opportunities for people to get involved in supporting biodiversity in their local area.

I would be grateful if you could let me know if this is something that your group would be interested in attending and if you might be interested in talking about your groups activities. You can contact me by email at hazel@rowan-tree-consulting.co.uk or call 01349 884133.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Hazel

Hazel Bews

Rowan Tree Consulting
Tel: 01349 884133
Email: hazel@rowan-tree-scotland.co.uk

Mrs Hazel Bews MA(Hons) AIFA PgCert
Rowan Tree Consulting - tourism, marketing, heritage and interpretation services for the public, private and voluntary sectors.
Rowan Tree Consulting is the trading name of Rowan Tree Ltd, Company Reg SC209636. Registerd Office: 24 Ballifeary Lane, Inverness, IV3 5PH.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

We are part of the rapidly expanding worldwide Transition Towns movement. The Black Isle is a peninsula of about 100 sq miles ENE of Inverness in Scotland, UK.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software | © 2002-2024 PD9 Software