Potato Day 2019
Another Successful Potato Day
TBI's 9th potato day, held last Saturday at North Kessock, was as successful as ever. Over sixty varieties of seed potatoes were on sale, and around five hundred people attended. In addition to potato sales expert growing advice was available, there were seed swap and TBI information stalls, and a café offering soups, drinks and a delicious array of home baking.
Thanks are due to TBI and Food Group Convenor Julie Gibson for masterminding the whole event, Trish McKeggie and Maggie Wormald for selecting and procuring the potatoes and providing expert advice, James Dingwall for providing transport, Jimmie Hepburn and Duncan Scott for co-ordinating and overseeing in the hall, Lesley, Joy and their helpers for the non-stop café service, and all the other volunteers too numerous to name who helped to make the day a success.
We would also like to thank the following local growers/suppliers for donations of potatoes: Callum at Drumderfit Farm, Donald Campbell at Resolis Mains and Steven Jack of Organic Potato Growers, Dalcross.
Lots more pictures in Dave Greer's Tiderace Photographic Gallery.
- Saturday 6 June
- NA Green Living Expo UHI Inverness CANCELLED
- 10:00 Fortrose Community Market CANCELLED
- Wednesday 10 June
- 19:30 Fair Trade and the Environment - Eco congregation & Scottish Fair Trade Forum - online
- Friday 12 June
- 15:00 Green Hive - Turning the tide on Plastic Pollution - online
- Saturday 13 June
- 11:00 Cromarty Community Market CANCELLED
- Sunday 14 June
- 19:30 Culbokie CT Quiz Night-In online
- Tuesday 16 June
- 14:00 MOO Food talk - Eco congregations Scotland - online
- 19:00 Electric Vehicles - Right for You? TBI Zoom presentation and discussion
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory